Greek Tourism Confederation - SETE
The Greek Tourism Confederation (SETE) was established in 1991 and its primary goal is to bring together tourism enterprises that provide high-quality services.
- SETE is the Greek Tourism Confederation, an umbrella organization representing various sectors, including accommodation, transportation & travel, recreation, banking & finance, consulting and education.
- We are the leading advocate and a collective voice for the ever-growing and competitive Travel and Tourism industry in Greece, the key economic sector in the national economy. A recognized social partner of the State, SETE speaks on behalf of the sector, its associations and its businesses of all sizes.
- SETE’s members are both individual companies and associations of businesses. With 13 Associations of Tourism Enterprises as members, the Confederation represents, indirectly, more than 40.000 businesses and 330.000 employees.
SETE focuses on high-impact issues that matter most to Travel and Tourism’s collective community. It identifies the sector’s biggest opportunities and challenges but also develops key messages and meaningful actions to create positive growth, through:
- Advocacy and policy-making: SETE interacts regularly with international bodies, the Greek Government and Administration and all stakeholders in the policy arena through a diverse agenda, including as taxation, financial incentives, competitiveness, job creation, planning and environment.
- Research and Insights: Through its Research Institute (Institute SETE), it monitors, interprets and provides key insights relating to all aspects of the Travel and Tourism sector, building a strong knowledge base – all of which is largely publicly accessible.
- Events and Capacity building: Through its annual International Conference, educational activities and vocational training, SETE strengthens businesses and the sector’s workforce by partnering with business leaders, academia and tourism think tanks.
- Strategic partnerships and marketing: SETE and its subsidiary organization Marketing Greece work hand-in-hand with destinations and key stakeholders to promote Greece as a welcoming, year-round destination.
Kalliopi AndriopoulouMEMBERSHIPS OFFICER